Monday, November 1, 2010

National Novel Writing Month NaNoWriMo!!!

It's that time of year again! The time of year for literary abandon, for the whole month of November you try to write a 50,000 word novel.

Oh yeah, talk about a challenge. Now cram in time with the family, Thanksgiving, and holiday shopping and you begin to see the mounting obstacles. But who cares?! The fun is in the challenge! I can't believe how excited I am by this as I've never finished. Ever!



Last year I was unemployed and since I had nothing to put off to work on my novel I got all of 2,000 words written. Yes, that statement is illogical, it would makes more since if having no job I finished a novel, but I never claimed to be logical. The year before (my first year) I made it to 30,000 words. This year I have experience, a job, and the fact that I have to have a novel written before I'm thirty (4 month away) looming over my head. This is the year that I get it done!

Join in the craziness here. Adopt a plot, talk about how your character hijacked your storyline, and read the wacky ways other authors deal with life on a deadline.

***Update***

I just received an email from one of my all time FAVORITE Authors, Mercedes Lackey!!! Look what showed up in my email this morning.


Yes, it was a mass email but ask me if i care? NO!!! Not even a little!!! She's been one of my literary hero's for ever! So excited!!!

1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!
    (And when you do, I want to read it!)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm easily distracted by shiny things and brownies. I love autumn and all things associated with it... except raking leaves. I'm a HUGE fan of smiling until your face hurts and laughing so hard milk comes out your nose.

Follow Me On Twitter

Etsy Shop

Sharing the Love

button1 world clothes line. you buy. we give. together we clothe the world.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow HitNmiSs