Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Projects Galore!

I was reading If Wishes Were Horses by Anne Mccaffrey yesterday (she's my favorite author but this wasn't one of her best. I'd recommend any of the Dragon Riders of Pern books. Those are ALL phenomenal) at the end of the book was a preview of Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson. So I read the first chapter of that and was of course hooked. I loaded Jamie in the car and we went to Borders where I was horribly disappointed to discover they didn't have it in stock! So, we went to Joann's to make me feel better. (I also ordered all three of the books in the trilogy off Amazon when I got home- Yeah!)
I did find this Amy Butler Sew-it Kit in the clearance section of Borders... Sew Excited!!!

The boys and I are going to make wooden magnets to hold up important artwork :)

I've been planning on making Jamie a capelet for a while now and since it's almost officially Spring I should really get started. He found these adorable dinosaur buttons and I now I have no excuses.

It's not done yet but this just might be as good as it gets. I wanted to add kissy lips in hot pink over the 4-leaf clover I sewed on but nothing is working. I tired cutting it out of felt, that didn't work. I tried embroidery thread, so NOT my forte. I think I just might zig zag the hot pink thread over top and call it good.

This project I'm super excited about! I bought a curtain exactly like the one above from goodwill, cut it up into cushion covers to cover these functional yet unattractive cushions. What has me so excited about this project is that Con made the CMC picture with the colors of our living room. I had originally intended on revamping the lovely orange church pew but it's grown on me and I kinda love it just the way it is. (Even with my turquoise walls.) So, I got fabric paint and we’re going to paint the cushion covers to look like Cons artwork! I think it will be fun

1 comment:

  1. I am SO jealous of all of the crafty goodness you are getting done. Can't wait to see the new projects (LOVE the craft kit!). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm easily distracted by shiny things and brownies. I love autumn and all things associated with it... except raking leaves. I'm a HUGE fan of smiling until your face hurts and laughing so hard milk comes out your nose.

Follow Me On Twitter

Etsy Shop

Sharing the Love

button1 world clothes line. you buy. we give. together we clothe the world.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow HitNmiSs