Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Arrow Love

Connor wanted to make arrows for his Valentine's day gift to his class. I thought that was a great idea so we found pencils and then went through some tough design decisions; paper or feathers, painted bands or no-bands, sharpened or not, glued or cut? We tried a few variations and decided on one that was easy (my #1 requirement) and looked like a valentine arrow.
Connor working hard. After we attached the paper heart to the pencil with some sparkly glue, he wrote a little note on each one and we added bands to a few.


These would have been a great Valentine's Day gift but I got something even better. The boys made me a heart pencil arrow with a poem on it. Jamie tried to recite it but Con had to help as he kept forgetting the words. It was precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm easily distracted by shiny things and brownies. I love autumn and all things associated with it... except raking leaves. I'm a HUGE fan of smiling until your face hurts and laughing so hard milk comes out your nose.

Follow Me On Twitter

Etsy Shop

Sharing the Love

button1 world clothes line. you buy. we give. together we clothe the world.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow HitNmiSs