Monday, February 22, 2010

Snow Day!

There was no school today... AWESOME! The boys and I watched movies as the snow was fallen outside. I decided I would be a little crafty and let all of the laundry and vacuuming fall to the wayside. (Adults need snow days too!)
Made those Shortbread button cookies. Not being a baker (or one that ever uses the oven) I was SHOCKED at how easy these were to make. This was the recipe I used:

2 Cups butter softened
1 Cup white sugar
4 Cups flour
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter and sugar untill fluffy then add flour and vanilla. Mix well. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Seriously, couldn't have been easier. And they're good!!!

I found this book at Salvation army, ripped the guts out, and put my 2010 planner in :)

I made this fig leaf hair thingy. My mom liked it so much I made her one too. I sewed pipecleaners into it so that you could bend it around your hair and add a little extra strength to it. I think I'll add sequins.
 
Made a blog banner for my BFF. Check out her blog [here] It rocks and I like that I'm sometimes in it :)
 
All in all had a pretty awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment